Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Trader Joe's Favorites!

Happy Tuesday! 

It's a rainy day here in Boston and I had a weird half-sleep, half-dreaming thing going on from 6am-on so to say I'm already counting down the hours until 5pm is an understatement! 

So it's safe to say that I'm a big Trader Joe's fan...Boston doesn't have an overwhelming amount of supermarkets but they do have a Trader Joe's that accessible by T! Since living downtown I know have my grocery purchasing pretty much mapped out, veggies & fruits? From the Veggie Man. Meat? from the Italian butcher. Milk, eggs, cold-cuts? From the local market. Everything else? Trader Joe's! I figure I would share some of my favorites with you today! (It is a very random assortment FYI)

{I'm not the biggest hummus lover but I do love olives so the combination is perfect for me}

{23 "slims" for 110 calories? Yes please & pairs perfectly with the hummus}

{my other favorite kind-of pretzel! Not the healthiest, but oh so delicious}

{excuse the horrible photo-this is definitely the most random part of this list haha but seafood is the one thing I really have trouble buying since I don't know how to clean or cook it (I would love to learn though) so this is a great alternative to fresh seafood! Super quick to prepare and taste great thrown on a salad} 

{my FAVORITE trail mix! I love walnuts and raisins so this one really hits home with me hehe. Just be careful to only eat the correct serving size or next thing you know you've down 500 calories with just a few handful of nuts!}


{recently, I've been craving pancakes & waffles on the weekend. But going out for breakfast becomes $$ and way too many calories! This is a sort-of healthy alternative to satisfy my craving! And anyways I need to practice my pancake flipping!}

{I would say the most indulgent part of my list, but this dip is by far the best spinach & artichoke dip around. Better than any restaurant for sure! I could eat the whole thing to myself if I'm not careful!}

What are your favorite groceries from Trader Joes' (or anywhere) ?!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love Trader Joes they have so many great things especially for entertaining, their Spinach and Artichoke dip really is THE BEST, and so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete