Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oui, Oui! Petit Robert C'est Magnifique!

Last Thursday evening, mon cheri ami, Meg and her family took a few girls out to dinner to Petit Robert Bistro in Kenmore Square! The entire meal was absolutely phenomenal! Great company, great food and a few bottles of wine later...it was an absolutely idéal thursday evening. 


Of course, I'm not sure if I would reccomend this to students on a budget...but for those few glorious nights when your relatives are in town and are willing to treat you to a real meal (and when I say real, I mean it's not your typical easy mac or ramen noodles) MAKE THEM TAKE YOU HERE! The menu is full of so many different choices, not only french, that any diner would find something that would suit the pickiest of pallets (full list here )

Ummmm, so before we even STARTED ORDERING, our waitress brought out a basket of bread and butter. Now you may think...just bread and butter, no big deal right? WRONG. NOT when it is a fresh baked hot french baguette...ugh I probably sound pretty cray-cray right about now, but serious this bread was the best start to these feast. I even took a photo of it....and yes my fellow dinner guests mocked me. #fine

(the picture doesn't do it justice) 


We ordered a bunch of appetizers..belgian endives with brie, walnuts and apple (now I don't think I'll ever be able to have a salad without brie on it again...mon dieu), hand cut tuna tartar on grilled tartines (not my personal favorite- i can handle raw tuna in sushi but I'm not ready for tartar yet), steamed mussles poulette with a cream sauce, AND their special of the day was LOBSTER MAC N CHEESE...how convenient for us...we ordered 2... (please no judgement). 




(I apologize for the extreme bright lighting...the restaurant was so dark it was tricky to manage the flash.)

Then on to the next course...I didn't even remember to photograph our entrees because I was so overcome with how tasty everything was slash the amount of pain my stomach was in- BUT i ordered the "Sautéed Scallops in a Mushroom Risotto". I'm not sure if words can describe how much I enjoyed this dish. At first I was hesitant because I wasn't sure how well mushrooms and scallops were going to mesh together...but it was perfect. The scallops were lightly seasoned so they didn't overwhelm the mushrooms and vice versa. I definitely recommend this dish to any seafood/risotto lovers. You will NOT disappointed. 

And then. came. dessert. Three PERFECT chocolate souflees later (and when I say perfect- I mean Meg's parent's had to order them in advance so they could make them fresh)...and a complimentary profiterole later...I had to be rolled out of the restaurant back to my apartment. 








Clearly, it's no secret that I'm a huge fan and I totally recommend that everyone get to Petit Robert as soon as possible! You can even make a reservation here (now you don't even have an excuse not to go)

Has anyone been before and have their own review to share? Or any other menu recommendations? Please share! 

XOXO
E



1 comment:

  1. Wow you made me really want to go to France and get some authentic food! yummm

    ReplyDelete