Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Favorites!


Happy Thursday Readers! 

Today, I'm linking up with Katelyn from The Bluegrass Belle for Christmas favorites! Perfect timing since Christmas is just 3 DAYS AWAY!! 





1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate! I never really got into Egg Nog buttt my mom used to make it from scratch which was pretty darn good!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? WRAP! of course! half the fun of getting presents from Santa is the unwrapping!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  Well since we live in an apartment, unfortunately we can't put any lights outside! So we do a mix of colored and white on our tree and white lights around our windows! 

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No! Where does one even buy mistletoe?!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Probably the week after Thanksgiving! This year we waited a little longer because my niece and nephew were flying in from Europe and they wanted to help!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Definitely, the "uncle willy" potatoes my Mom makes on Christmas day! The recipe has been passed down from an uncle from years ago and they're delish. 

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? One Christmas morning when I was little, I was in the midst of opening presents when my parents told me that one present was hidden somewhere in our apartment. I starting searching every possible hiding spot that I could think of- thinking it must have been hidden pretty well since I hadn't stumbled upon it all of December! The next thing I know, I decide to check my parent's bedroom and I found my first bike!! My parents had hidden it at our neighbors apartment until Christmas Eve when my dad snuck it into his bedroom! I was so happy and it is definitely one of my favorite memories! 

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I found my presents in my moms closet one year :( I was about 9 years old. I still like to believe in the idea of Santa though! 

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES! Traditionally, I usually celebrate Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family and I get to open presents from my aunts and grandparents then. In the Italian culture Christmas Eve is almost more important than Christmas Day! It's always been a very important night in my family. 

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have lights and lots and lots of ornaments that my mom has collected throughout the year! She still has some that I made in nursery school! 

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! I've always loved the first snow of the season and when I was little I would always run to the park a few blocks from my apartment to go sledding! It doesn't look like we're having a white christmas this year since it's over 50 degrees in NYC :(

12. Can you ice skate? YES! I actually used to compete when I was little before I switched over to swimming! Now I try to go ice skating at least once or twice in the winter for fun! 

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I really always love all my Christmas presents! I can't think of one big one that stands out to be favorite- they're all special! 

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family and surprising them with Christmas presents! 

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate Chip Cookies andddd Strufelli! I'm not sure if anyone has had Strufelli before but it's a traditional italian dessert for Christmas. Essentially it's little fried dough balls dipped in honey and sprinkles! DELICIOUS!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hmmm... Everything? One of the highlights is when we play Mercante de Fare, which is an Italian card game on Christmas Day! It's so so much fun and my uncle or dad usually plays the "dealer". Guarantees a few laughs! 

17. What tops your tree? An angel that we've had since I was a baby! 

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both! I would be lying if I said I didn't like to receive gifts- but I do love giving just as much! 

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUM! Not too many though! 

20. Favorite Christmas show? ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas? So every Christmas show? Does that count...

21. Saddest Christmas Song? I honestly have no idea....I don't think I usually listen to the words of most Christmas songs- more background music to get in the holiday spirit! 

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Please don't judge- but most definitely "All I Want for Christmas is You"- I mean WHO doesn't love that song? 

What your Christmas favorites?!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment