Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Happy Friday Readers! 

Today I would like to share with you my New Year's Resolutions! I make resolutions every year but I'll be honest-  I'm not usually the best at sticking to them. I think it's often because I make them too general or ambiguous andd most importantly I typically don't write them down. So, this year, I've decided on 5 New Year's Resolutions. They are a bit general but I have some more specific ideas about how to keep them. And this year not only am I writing them down, but I'm sharing them with all of you! 


Resolution #1

Keep up with current events. 
Since that I'm graduating in May, I think it's more important than ever to keep up to date with what is going on in our country and in the world. Intelligent people are more informed. I would like to think I am intelligent so it's about time to be more informed. 
My homepage is now the New York Times- I aim to at least read over the headlines of the top stories to keep up with current events.

Resolution #2

Be smarter with $$ 
I need to start realizing that it's really not necessary to purchase 5 beige sweaters- 2 are probably more than enough. Or the $5 cereal at the supermarket cannot taste that much better than the $2 one. I need to be especially careful with how I'm spending my money this semester since soon enough I will be out on my own and I will have to rely on myself to pay rent, bills, groceries, etc.
I will keep receipts from each week and try to tally up how much I spend and to see where I can cut down and what's wasteful spending. I will spend a bit more time looking for online coupons and deals! 

Resolution #3

Keep up with Pink Zin!
When I started Pink Zin in October, I never thought I would fall so in love with blogging. I have really found a hobby that I enjoy and I want to keep this up in 2012. I so appreciate my followers and readers and can't wait to keep up with you all in the new year. 
In honor of the new year, my dedication to Pink Zin, anddd for reaching over 50 followers- I will hosting my FIRST giveaway this Monday, January 2nd! Keep on the look out- it's going to be a great one :) 

Resolution #4

Stick to an active/healthy lifestyle
I think this is a general resolution I make every year but this is something I really want to stick to this year. I religiously do not use a scale because I don't trust numbers and I'm a firm believer that it matters how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. But my goal is to do some some sort of cardio/gym/yoga 4 times a week. I also aim to only order in food once a week. This should save me $$ (see resolution #2) and cut down calories. 

Resolution #5

Leave the Past in the Past
This past year has a been a whirlwind of events and emotions. I've experienced more ups and downs during 2011 than ever before. Dealing with a horrible, emotional breakup, the loss of my grandfather, and sickness plaguing my family- 2011 has in no way been an easy year for me. But in 2012 I resolve to leave the past in the past. Time for a fresh start, new beginnings. I'm confident and hopeful that things will get better in 2012. Though I know the next 6 months will being major change in my life, I'm ready for it and looking forward to what my future will bring. In 2012 I want to leave the past in the past and move on to a better and healthier future. 


Well there you have it! You all have to help me keep these resolutions! 

What are your New Year's Eve Resolutions?

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment